Well, it's a new week and that means it's time for a new post. This week I have decided to set up the post a little bit different. I am going to post a couple of articles related to Hillary Clinton and her 'email cover-up," and then I want to hear what you have to say on this issue.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/us/politics/investigators-find-emails-hillary-clinton-said-were-erased.html?_r=0
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/23/fbi-reportedly-recovered-deleted-emails-from-clinton-server/
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/09/22/clinton-on-conflicting-explanations-about-her-emails-i-cant-answer-that/72651534/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-fbi-pulls-deleted-emails-from-hillary-clintons-server/#
Your Turn:
Do you really think Clinton is covering up for Benghazi, or do you believe this is yet another attempt by the media to blow this situation out of proportion?
Happy blogging!! Feel free to comment in the section below!

Ali, I too have been reading/blogging about the on going controversy of Hilary and her confiscated emails. Personally I think the prompt you mention is a ploy by the media that stirs the pot and adds fuel to the notion that Clinton can not be trusted, without the media having to come out and make such a statement in a frank and derogatory manner. While I am not a supporter of Clinton, I do think we see instances like this on a fairly regular basis with the media and politicians. If something controversial arises in the news, it has connections to a key player in something such as elections, and it just so happens to be campaign season, I'd say you have the necessary ingredients for a continual roasting session by the media to pick away at the individual's ethics and moral values by offering selective information or reporting in a suggestive tone.
ReplyDeleteI think it's interesting to note that out of the emails that have been reviewed by the State Department, over 100 of them have been retroactively classified, yet very limited information has been released as to why such a decision was made and/or what the subject(s) of content was as it pertains to those emails.
As a journalist, it is your job to report what is interesting. One of the more nationally covered events is the Presidential election, and all things associated with it. On the Republican side, there is no shortage of things to report. Donald Trump alone accounts for more coverage than the entire democratic side. In addition, there are 10+ Republican candidates with their own stories and controversial statements. That's a smorgasbord of information, as opposed to the Democratic candidacy, which has only 2-3 candidates to begin with. As a result, there hasn't been much policy talk on that side, and there has been more on Clinton and her email servers. Basically, while it is a big story, Clinton's private servers wouldn't be AS BIG of a story if there were 10+ candidates along with everything she has going on too.
ReplyDelete